Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Two For Tuesday - Heart Healthy Red Wines

In honor of Heart Disease Awareness month, my Two for Tuesday is 2 of my favorite, economical red wines.  Red wine (in moderation of course) can help improve good (HDL) cholesterol levels, which helps prevent heart disease.  It also contains melatonin, which helps with sleep; also has antioxidants that slow aging as well as reduce fine lines and wrinkles; and can also lower the risk of breast cancer in women.  Just a few of the benefits of having a glass of vino!

The first bottle is Dreaming Tree "Crush" blended red wine.  For those of you that do not know, this wine is a wine made by Dave Matthews and  expert wine-maker Sean McKenzie.  I love Dave Matthews as an artist, so in all honesty, that is what originally drew me to this blend.  The wine has notes of vanilla and many different types of berries.  It has  a very smooth finish which I love.  It is excellent with red meats or with a cheese tray.

My second favorite wine is Josh Cellars Cabernet.  It has a deeper, richer flavor in my opinion with a spicy scent.  I taste more plum and smokiness in this than in Dreaming Tree.  This is our wine of choice at our favorite sushi place so that is my normal paring of Josh.

Both are excellent and in my area both range about $15.  If you are looking for a new red to try, these are two of my favorites.  Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment