Thursday, March 24, 2016

Routine Will Save You Every Time

I am big on routine and being as organized as possible. To the point most would probably think I'm totally boring. But let's face it. Life doesn't always cooperate with us or our plans or our schedules. Things come up. Family gets sick. Dogs get hurt. Things break. You get my point here.

That happens to everyone including me. I fall short on my work outs. My house gets dirtier than usual. The laundry stacks up. But one thing I cling to, sometimes with dear life, is my clean eating plan. 

How do I do that you ask? Meal prep. Every Sunday like clock work. At the minimum all of my protein is cooked for the week and at the maximum, food weighed, measured, packaged, veggies cut and cleaned and snack drawer prepared. Why is this the one thing I cling to when I will let everything else go? Because it makes the biggest difference: in the way I feel, in how much energy I have, in how well I sleep. 

Clean eating is the biggest part of living a healthy lifestyle. Even if I don't work out all week, I can maintain as long as my diet is spot on. Yes it takes a little time but is so beyond worth it. When life gets crazy, I don't go crazy. I just adjust and keep right on going. If I was grabbing McDonalds every day I feel certain that would not be the case.  I don't believe I would have the energy to take care of all the things and those I love which is most important to me.

When things get crazy, cling to one thing that gives you the biggest return on investment. Not sure what that is? Start with your diet. I promise you won't regret it!  Cheers! 




No comments:

Post a Comment