Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Kitchen Tools - Is There Really a Difference in Quality??

I have always been the kind of person that bought whatever pots & pans were on sale, were in the color I liked, were the brand of someone I liked, etc.  I don't believe I ever paid more than $100 for a set and although they routinely wore out fairly quickly, I continued this process until a few months ago.

After watching numerous shows, reading articles, checking out what my favorite Chef's used, I became very curious if there was actually a difference in the tools/appliances made and the quality of the food created with them.  Enter my new KitchenAid range.  That is what got all of this started.   I never imagined there could be such a  difference in the meals created in/on that range. I was speechless.  Anyone I prepared a meal for noticed the difference.  The meats cooked in the oven were juicy and more flavorful.  It was literally unbelievable.

This led to my next thought, maybe there was something to this high end cookware and knives.  Still not convinced, I started with one pan and 2 knives and some high end olive oil.  (Allclad and Wusthof and olive oil from Williams Sonoma.)  Although I have always loved omelettes I have NEVER been able to cook one that was presentable or really edible.  The first thing I made was an omelette.  Not only was it perfectly pleasing to the eye, it tasted delicious.  I could not believe it!  I thought possibly it was a fluke.  It was not.  I have made them over and over again all with the same result.

My new knives were razor sharp.  Also something I had never experienced before.  My tomatoes were perfectly sliced, not smashed to death after attempting to cut.  Yes, in all honesty, I did cut myself several times but I can say it was absolutely worth it.  Suddenly cooking became an experience.  Not a chore.  I love every minute I spend preparing meals for my family now. This is not to say I did not enjoy it before, but just like anything else, when you do not have the proper tools, the task is much less enjoyable.   I feel like a gourmet chef now and that is an amazing feeling.

In summary, YES, having the proper tools does make all the difference in the world.  If you spend a large amount of your time in the kitchen as I do, get yourself some high quality tools and create a true VIP experience in your kitchen!

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment