Saturday, April 16, 2016

Saturday Secrets - Almond Flour

Happy Saturday!  My Saturday Secret today is almond flour - one of my favorite ways to clean up some yummy recipes.  I grew up eating most everything battered & fried.  There are times I still want something that satisfies that "chicken strip" craving.  Almond flour is a perfect alternative.  You get to skip all the negative effects of flour and have a coating that I believe much more resembles panko. When I make chicken strips,  I either bake the chicken in the oven or I do a quick fry in olive oil to get that crispy texture and then bake the remainder of the time in the oven.

Almond flour is a little pricey.  I have experimented with making my own when I find almonds on special but I must admit it takes ALOT of almonds to make a significant amount of flour.  I also use it to coat tilapia and bake in the oven.  Delish!  One of my favorite recipes of course is chocolate chip cookies made from almond flour.  You get that cookie and nut texture all rolled in one.  (Recipe can be found on my website www.platinumsass.com) Give it a try on one of your next recipes.  You will not be sorry!

Cheers to a fantastic weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment