Monday, May 23, 2016

The Beauty of a Bath

Something as small as a bath can be self care at its finest!  I have always been a bath person, bubbles, meditation, reading, setting my intentions for the day.  Yet another thing I have now realized I took for granted.  Since my injury, I have had to exclusively shower.  Quite a different experience!  No meditation, reading, nothing! I have sincerely longed for a bubble bath.

Every day I try to do new things, grow stronger, do more.  As of my last doctor's appointment, he told me I could bend, stretch try to move my leg.  My sweet hubby suggested this weekend we set a goal of trying to get me in the tub.  And we succeeded! And by today I was able to get in and out of the tub and bathe alone.  What an amazing feeling that is!  How I have missed that!

Everyone has "self-care" things they do for themselves that set the mood, the tone for the day, help you reset, recharge and regroup.  Maybe it is a facial, pedicure, a massage, getting your nails done or a bath!  (I actually have a couple of things from that list I love.) I realized how necessary doing those special things are now.  So important to savor every minute and do your absolute best not to take them for granted.  If you have not taken care of yourself lately, my post today is just a reminder and encouragement to do just that! Treat yourself!

Cheers to an amazing Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment